Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Wifey's Birthday Dinner at China Treasures, Sime Darby Convention Center

I don't think I can do a fair review on this place based on the 3 dishes that we ordered to celebrate Wifey's 30th birthday. We ordered the crispy duck, prawns with mango sauce and broccoli with mushrooms. We didn't go for the shark's fin soup as the price is ridiculously expensive; RM149 per bowl for one person. According to the captain they are using high quality shark's fin... maybe some royalty shark la kot!

Initially I planned to treat Wifey with their current promotion which is the Ala Carte Buffet but they failed to mentioned about the minimum of 4 paying customer per order when I called them earlier.

Anyway for the 3 dishes that we ordered, they tasted good. Their great ambiance and elaborate decorations do add up to the taste I guess. However we felt that the service is a bit slow considering there were only 4 tables occupied that night.

I can't remember how much I paid for the dinner that night but I guess it was reasonable for what we ordered.


So how did we celebrate Wifey's a.k.a Ibu's birthday on her birth date itself? The five of us went to see Toy Story 3 3D. As expected, Wildan did not last very long in the cinema which he ended playing outside the movie theater. Then we went Raya shopping at Metrojaya Midvalley and wrapped up our afternoon with lunch at Carl's Jr. This is the first time for us and Wifey liked their burger very much.

We then sent off the kids and the maid to my parents place. We headed to Cineleisure Damansara to catch the 3:30pm show of the Twilight Saga - Eclipse. After movie we finished off the birthday celebration with dinner at Bumbu Desa, The Curve. I find the food tasty and full of variety. I would suggest this place as a place to celebrate something with the family next time.

Birthday present? Aiyaaahhhh... where got anymore money left to buy present ;)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails