Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Another Hot-Hot Chicken Shit Plan To Lose Weight

I started to go swimming at MMU swimming pool 3 weeks ago. This is inspired by the fact that my medical checkup result is not indicating that I am a fit person. Plus I think I have a pre-mid-life crisis as I am turning 30 this year. I would like to take care of my health so that I can live at least another 30 years.


The MMU swimming pool is a standard Olympic pool size. 50 meters x 25 meters and 1.8meters deep. Students are charged RM1 per entry, RM2 for MMU/TM staff and RM3 for public. As usual there are time slots but I am interested in the 4pm - 8pm slot and maybe 8pm - 10pm slot. Monday, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday are Open to male and female. Tuesday and Friday are Ladies days. Thursday is dedicated for men who are shy to been seen wearing trunks in front of ladies. Some would prefer to call it swimming day for gays.

So far I've made a point to swim every Monday and Wednesday. 15 laps a day... 30 pergi balik. My last swimming session I clocked 47.05 minutes to finish 1.5 kilometers. How do I know that? Hahaha....

After the 2nd swimming session I have made excuses to buy a digital sports watch. I told Wifey that I couldn't see the wall clock as I am not wearing prescription swimming goggles. I also thought it is good to have a stopwatch to time my performance. Hahaha.... guys! We can turn a simple sport that requires only a piece of speedo into a sports full of gadgets :)

I first search for "swimming watch" in Ebay and among the result is:


A Garmin Forerunner 310XT !!!! This thing can upload the swim path that you've done. In my case it will show me swimming back and forth in the pool for 30 rounds! hahahahah.... not to mention it can capture calorie burnt, heart rate monitor and et cetera. Last I checked this thing costs nearly RM2000.

Obviously this is too much for me. Even I can't convince myself to buy this watch. I don't even have to talk it out with Wifey :P

Wifey and I went to a watch shop at Giant Shah Alam to check out some other reasonable options. I made up my mind that the watch that I am going to buy will cost less than RM100. The cheapest Casio digital watch is RM119 after 20% discount.

Finally I found the best watch that fit my criteria at www.ewatchzone.com. A classic Casio digital watch that costs RM89. The same one that is selling at RM119 in Giant Shah Alam watch shop.

I received the watch 2 days after I made my order. The owner SMS me twice to confirm that the watch is In Stock and when she sent it to PosLaju. Good service ! I have to say I am very happy with the purchase, especially with the spec:

100M Water Resistant
Perfect for swimming and snorkeling

The Garmin can wait till I become a fitness freak and sign up for Iron Man Langkawi 201x...

8 comments:

+cheeps+ said...

15 laps straight ke? takleh la aku nak join ko lagi... 5 aku mampu la

Hambali ® said...

aku tak reti berenang ...

rumet said...

cheeps.. rest la jap every 5 laps.

sme... cipok pon baru start belajar.. hehe

Anonymous said...

hi.faizal sini nak tanya skit pasal ewatchzone tu..quality result watch yg u order tu original ke?sama macm dekat retail store?i nak try order just nak tau review org takut i kene scam..reply secepat mungkin ye bro..tq.

Anonymous said...

hi faizal sini..reply to mail warringirc@yahoo.com..thanks.

Anonymous said...

bro,nk tnye quality n originality jam yg dbeli kt ewatchzone tu..tq

Anonymous said...

reply kt muhammadhaqim@rocketmail.com..thanx a lot bro

Munirah Hanum said...

hai saya pun nak tanya casio watch from ewatchzone tu real ke fake ? "made in china" at the back case is real of fake ? since casio pun ada main branch kat china and thailand kan? apa kata explain je kat sini. thank you :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails