Tuesday, April 20, 2010

White Water Rafting 17042010

Before I delay this post to next month, let me put up a short note on this adventure. This is the first time for Wifey and I. The details of the trip as per informed by the organizer:


Location: Sungai Slim, (Grade 3)

Date: Saturday, 17 Apr 2010

Meeting point: Tanjong Malim Toll Exit . Please wait for us after you exit from the toll booth. There is construction at the PLUS area and roadside parking may be limited.

Meeting time: 09.00am

No of pax: 17 pax

THINGS TO BRING

==============

Required

[1] River sandals or lace up shoes for wearing on raft (no slippers or flip-flops allowed)

[2] Rafting attire: t-shirt / shorts

[3] Towel / toiletries

[4] A set of clothing for your return trip

Recommended

[1] Sunscreen lotion

[2] Personal medication

[3] Straps for spectacles

[4] Goggles for contact lenses

[5] Plastic bag for your wet clothes

[6] Some drinking water for personal consumption.


The final number of participants is 15 of us. We were divided into 3 rafts. I did not remember what time we started rafting but we finished at 3pm. We were informed that the journey would take 2 - 2.5 hours but I think we were in the river for more than 3 hours.


It's a good first experience for me. The water level is low as it is not raining season now and Slim River is known for its narrow-ness and our raft most o the time ended being stuck in between boulders. We capsized a few times and to me that was the most exciting part of the trip.


We reached Cheras at 6:30pm and on our way back to Bukit Jelutong, the Vios went out of fuel. I had to walk to the petrol station. Just the perfect way to end my adventurous day.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails