Friday, October 23, 2009

Budget 2010: RM50 per credit card

If I heard it right, the Prime Minister did mention about implying "service charge" of RM50 for each credit card owned starting from 1st January 2010. This is additional to the annual fee charged by the bank (if any).

What is the impact to me? As mentioned in this post, I have a few credit cards in my wallet. Some of them are not used unless I get discounts for using it with certain retailers. No point keeping them if I have to pay RM50 per card and only a few ringgit out of it.

I'll keep a watch on this issue in the next few weeks. I'm sure the banks will come up with a way to "waive" this...

3 comments:

tagskie said...

hi.. just dropping by here... have a nice day! http://kantahanan.blogspot.com/

rumet said...

have a nice day to you too...

Asyie said...

tu le met.Nasib baik aku ade debit kad je hehe.
anyway try listen to BFM
a radio channel.
byk diskas about d bajet and also some other financial issue.
great channel

Related Posts with Thumbnails