Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Time Management

I am entering my fourth week of working normal hours. And since I am so good at it, the big boss extended my term in normal hours for the next 5 weeks or so, until September where my team will be working permanent EU shift for the month. I know I'm going to do well in that "special task" job. People like me, you can dump me in any kind of working environment..I'll adapt to it in a blink.

But it does took some adjustment to my working habits. During shift I am supposed to settle 10-15 tickets and work to resolve it within 8 hours. In this "special task" I'm supposed to screen 200-300 tickets. The first day doing that I tried to screen all of them in one day. I ended up going back home at 11.30pm at night.

Now I'm starting to adapt to the normal 8 hours working environment. Come in at 9am, coffee break at 10am, lunch at 12pm, resume work at 2pm, surf the net 50% of the afternoon and go back at 6pm. It is a matter of time that I'll get back to my habits when I was in GITN where I go to work at 8.30am, breakfast at 8.45am -10.30am, surf the internet until lunch time, snooker or watch movie during lunch time, come back to the office just to continue surfing the net and by 5.20pm I'll be ready to open the ping pong table. Those days....

Now the issue is I don't get to spend as much time with the kids as when I was working shifts. I'll usually leave home by 8.30am where Arianna is still asleep. I'll reach home by 7pm, after that long hours I will usually fall asleep after I have my dinner. Knowing Arianna, she misses her parents throughout the day and she will have the energy to keep on playing with us until midnight. And I will be entertaining her while I am not even half awake. I don't feel good about it especially every morning when I am getting ready to work and see her sleeping in the bed. I always thought that she is not having a good dream. It breaks my heart if she is awake by the time I'm leaving for work and she will wave me goodbye. Maybe she has the idea that Ayah is going to work now and will be playing with her later today.I wonder if she will eventually "makan hati" and give up on that hope. Every morning I'll promise myself to dedicate more time for the family at night and the same cycle repeat itself everyday. I am being sad for the child who is clingy to her mother. If you guys know how clingy Wildan is to me, then you would be able to imagine how he will react when he is able to talk later to this kind of environment. Even I can't imagine how things are going to be.

And again I promise myself to spend more time with the kids tonite......


snapped by Arianna using the IXUS. not bad huh?

I have a conference call tonite at 9.30pm :(

1 comment:

A y i L said...

gitn mmg bess beb..
8.00-9.00 bfast 1st batch
9.30-10.30 bfast 2nd batch
12.00-3.00 lunch+snuk
5.20 pinggg ponggg

ko sure lg bess.. bini kat sbelah je haha

Related Posts with Thumbnails