Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Dying Chili

Remember that I bought a red chili plant from the Pasar Tani Mega Shah Alam a few Sundays back? That plant is not looking so good. Somehow it looks like it is going to die, but I can see new shoots coming out from the main stem.

The reasons that I could think of are the soil mixture, the amount of water given, the weather, shades and fertilizer. I'm not sure what was it so last Sunday I went to the Pasar Tani again and asked the guy that I bought the plant from about this. He mentioned that this is the common problem in chili plant. It is prone to get virus and fungal attacks.


So I went back home and see that coud be the problem. The leaves of the chili plant has a few yellow spots on them. Some big and some small. My next step is to survey the best organic method to treat this problem. At the moment I just added some more of the Chicken Shit fertilizer to the pot.

I've also read something in the Internet that chili plant is not that easy to plant. From the seeds to get the first shoot is the most difficult part. Once you get it to "leaf", proper care is needed to grow them. No wonder red chili is so expensive in the market nowadays.

It's okay. I'll take it as a challenge to produce my own red chili. Mau beli dari saya? 2 seringgit!

This is just a decor picture. I snap it after I took the pictures of the dieing chili. Time tido je suka betul berkepit 2 orang budak ni... kalau tak kakak cari adik... adik pegi cari-cari kakak dia...

3 comments:

nurulqz said...

aiyoo... dying laaa... dont bring me shame...

rumet said...

hahahhaha...

rumet said...

funny that chili pon silap!

Related Posts with Thumbnails