Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Garlic Bread

I made this a few days back. The internet connection via Celcom 3G is so unreliable that I have to come to my parents place to update about this.

This time the ingredients are as below:

  • 350gm high protein flour (thanks to Wifey)
  • 200ml cold water
  • half pack of yeast
  • 2 pinches of salt.
  • 1/4 cup of sugar
  • 1/4 cup of corn flour
  • 13 cloves of garlic
I put in all the ingredients except for the garlic and set the machine to make dough.

While waiting for the machine to mix the ingredients, I chop the garlic finely. About after 20 minutes of mixing, I add in the garlic into the dough. After that I just wait for the dough to set in about 1 hour 10 minutes.

I take out the dough from the machine and put in a bread pan.. glass pan?
I let the dough to set for another 10 minutes and then baked it in my microwave convection mode for 20 minutes at 180 degree celcius.

And the result is as below.
Home made Garlic Bread



Yesterday I baked whole meal bread. Same method that I did with the garlic bread. Only that I let the dough to set for a bit longer .. about 3-4 hours longer. The dough doubled in size compared to the loaf above, and baking it with microwave oven did not produce a good result. The dough is not thorough;y cooked especially the middle inside. Wifey told me that the microwave oven cannot produce the same result as the proper oven.

Since we are moving to Bukit Jelutong soon, it's time for me to survey a stove + oven. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Farra said...

btol tu..microwave hanya sesuai nak panaskan lauk jek

mine oven~ indesit..so far so good..byk brand lain di luara sana tu

rose_euforia said...

cari microwave yang ada tulis grill and convection..yang ini mahal sikit dari biasa yg hanya untuk reheat tu...jenis ni boleh reheat, bakar kek, biskut, pizza, roti, grill, roast..macam macam ada...saya dah bertahun pakai, kira berbaloi menunggu lama utk dapatkannya, maklumlah..mahal..hehhe..

Related Posts with Thumbnails