Thursday, February 01, 2007

3 down 3 to go

Arianna riding an elephant at Kelana Seafood.

Last week was Thank God Its Friday. Well this week I have to say.. Why Is It Only Friday Goddamnit! Screw the weekend... I want Monday! I want Monday! Its gonna be 3 more nights till Monday. Notice that I used "nights" instead of "days"? The critical part in taking care of Arianna is during the night and by default, I leave it for Wifey to handle. Well again, I leave the critical part in taking care of myself during the night solely to Wifey too...

On Wednesday night, Esah and Ayil invited us to their place. Since I cant drive while handling Arianna, I hitch-hiked Farul to get us there. Its just dinner, American Idol and Heroes but it did ease up on my "taking care of Arianna during the absence of Wifey" thingy. I guess my previous depressing posts not only touched peoples' hearts, it did earn me a nice dinner of Nasi Goreng, Sotong Goreng Tepung, Daging Masak Black Pepper and Sawi with Japanese Tofu. Thanks Esah and Ayil for the great dinner . Im sure Arianna enjoyed playing with Marisa and Alyya as well that night. Thanks to Farul and Jue for being our chauffeur that night. Not to forget that they (Ayil,Esah,Farul&Jue) even offered me to tag them along to Syaz's wedding this coming Saturday but I politely declined as I've replied that Wifey and I are not coming. Thanks anyway guys, really appreciate the gesture! (did I even use the word correctly pon..haha)

On Thursday evening (just now), we had an early dinner at Kelana Seafood. The nine of us (Mummy, Daddy, Zarina, Rizal, Arianna, Warni, Mut and Honda(Zarina's friend)) had to have dinner at 6pm as Zarina is catching the 10pm train to Singapore. She went with Honda and another friend for holiday, I guess. We had a big dinner with 6 delicious dishes but to me, the main attraction that evening was to appreciate how much Arianna has grown. She's a noisy girl... banyak mulut. We brought her dinner but she's not satisfied with just that. She just has to eat what other people are having. With Opah everwilling to feed almost anything to her, she got herself a deep fried garoupa with soy sauce for a treat. I was worried with her food intake considering she is not one year old yet, but everybody was saying, "Ibu dia tade.. boleh la makan". I never argue my authority as the father and neither did I fight for what Wifey would have fought for, but the fact that Wifey is missing all these about Arianna did make my heart sank deep into my intestine. People might say, its not that she missed Arianna's first started walking or first formal word or anything but to me, I enjoy every small achivements of Arianna. Her ability to say "bababababai" which is "bye-bye" or "nanak" which means either "nak" or "tanak", her hand gestures of "bye-bye","angkat tangan" and "tunjuk gigi. Today itself I witnessed he biting a biscuit (with her 5 teeth!) and made a "kruk-kruk" sound that made me laugh. Well maybe Im being sad for Wifey for missing all this is uncalled for, maybe she is not in the same page as I am... but as a mother, Im sure her heart is in the right place right now.




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails