Monday, January 22, 2007

12 Things to Always Remember and One Thing to Never Forget

Since Wifey left for her new job, everybody seems to be asking me on how she is with her new job. Maybe they were skeptical, considering that she was doing IT related job and has a Engineering degree. Well screw the qualifications and all, she is extremely happy with her current job. Maybe its the new job that has providing her the motivational boost for her to enjoy the tasks given to her. She doesn't mind missing lunch, coming back home late in the night and not to mention travel outstation during weekends.

Being a responsible husband, its my duty to support her new undertakings. Husband mane nak tengok wife die tak happy kerja kan? But her happiness do come with a high price for me to pay. Im not shy to admit that I missed her working together with me in the same company. I miss having breakfast and lunch with her, being able to see her face almost anytime I want and other benefits that most people didn't have. Last time people used to ask me, "tak boring ke kerja satu opis? satu hari pagi petang siang malam jumpa". My answer would be, "mane ade boring! best ape". But maybe I had to answer that because wifey is there listening to my answer. But now, since 3rd January 2007, I knew the real answer to that question. My answer now would be, "I cannot live without her by my side". (Im actually trying my best not to cry while writing this.. from the office).

I can't really work efficiently anymore, I dont think Im a competent staff anymore to the company and seriously my life right now is practically meaningless. My anxiety towards photography is no more there, dont feel like blogging anymore, turned down Ayil's invitation for snooker a few times and not to leave out WORK... the source of income for the whole family.. i have no desire to work anymore. Im demotivated, no self esteem and seriously the selfish part of me is crying out " I want things to be back like it used to be!!!!".

Everyday I keep on thinking, can i live like this any longer? when will i finally adapt to the changes? will things be back to normal one day? do i need to see a psychiatrist?! seriously im considering to set an appoinment one day.

One day while letting my heart and mind fighting and killing my soul slowly, I found a card which Wifey (girlfriend back then) gave me 4 years ago as a gift for getting a new job. The title of the card is mentioned above and the lines are as below:

Your presence is a present to the world.
You're unique and one of a kind.
Your life can be what you want it to be.
Take the days just one at a time.

Count your blessings, not your troubles.
You'll make it through whatever comes along.
Within you are so mane answers.
Understand, have courage, be strong.

Realize that it's never too late.
Do ordinary things in an extraordinary way.
Have health and hope and happiness.
Take the time to wish upon a star.

And don't ever forget.. for even a day.. how very special you are.

- Collin Mc Carty

As I remembered it, the lines didn't mean much at that particular of time. She didn't even bother to peel off the price tag stating RM4.95. I remember her saying, "i tak baca sangat pon ayat die, its the thought that counts ... for you to remember the day you join the company". Well today, it took me quite a while to finish reading the lines as every line gives me the heart ache reminding me all the memories that we shared together for the past 4 years in this company..

I love you Wifey and wish you all the best in your new job!

10 comments:

myjulieyana said...

oh.. how sweet.. cheer up rumet.. jgn sedey2.. things will be back to normal, it just takes time.. so, be patient kay?

hezz said...

so touching... good luck in ur new undertaking gal!

shikeen a.k.a obie said...

Alahai..ko still duk cube lama ko tu ke?pindah la tempat at least tak rasa kosong sgt tgk 3 seat kosong(ayil, aku and QZ) so sbb tu ko sedih..duk tempat QZ la at least ada Mas kat depan..ko leh melawak and buli2 Mas plak.so tak sedey2 sgt..

rumet said...

oi demmit! saper laaa hack account blogger aku ni?? its sooo not me! my wife would know me better, after all its not my style of writing + where's the picture?? my blog must have a picture in each and every entry!

haha.. joking only maa..
thanks julie, hezz and obi for the well wishes. im foreseeing a tough year this 2007. but sure im surely not an up giver!

Farul said...

kalau aku booo, appropriate tak?

Wifey said...

Its so hard not to tear up when Im the person your referring to.

Only you know my feelings dear. I choose not to share it with others.

Just know that whatever I do, Ill always have you in my heart.

Love you baby.

rumet said...

farul: boo all you like, like anybody cares! at least i successfully "touched" 3 ladies' hearts today.. heheh

wifey: im flattered that you read my blog in the midst of your busy-ness.we both know this will be a rough year for us, but as long as we have each other im sure we'll make it through. love you sayang :)

robotix said...

must be not getting some..

rumet said...

haha.. you have lots more to learn my dear friend robotix.. u have no idea what i got last nite for this entry >:)

Euphoria said...

Aha Qz, kesian pulak kat ur hubs and anak. Well, it's life choices. Some peep's happiness are depend on their job satisfaction so good luck k!

Related Posts with Thumbnails